REAP Conference (Agri-Tech East)
It will be held at the Wellcome Genome Campus Conference Centre in Hinxton, Cambridge, with a keynote speech on Biological Agriculture by Gary Zimmer, biological farmer and co-founder and president of Midwestern BioAg.
Other topics are due to include:
- Technologists from Bayer, BT, Fujitsu, Lockheed Martin and PA Consulting discussing seen how innovations used in other sectors could be adapted for agri-food industry to provide radical new approaches.
- Professor Sir David Baulcombe, head of the department of Plant Sciences at the University of Cambridge, will be discussing with Jim Godfrey OBE how developments in plant and soil science will have a disruptive impact on current agricultural practices
- Young researchers will present highlights of their work in a series of lightening pitches.
- Start-up Showcase, featuring the hottest agri-tech start-ups
- Technology that could radically change the industry
- Emerging Agri-tech
The conference is part of Agri-Tech Week, which aims to promote a better understanding of the issues facing farmers and growers, to showcase some of the most interesting developments in Agri-Tech emerging from the region and facilitate knowledge transfer from the research to the wider community.