In order to ensure the organisation runs smoothly we need an enthusiastic Operations Officer that can assist the IEA team with a range of operational activities including, but not limited to finance, project reporting, back-office administration and facilities management. The post holder will also need to build strong and effective relationships with colleagues across the University to ensure procedures are adhered to.
The role is initially offered on a 1-year contract with the possibility of extension dependent on funding availability.
You will have:
• Excellent organisational and time management skills to balance competing deadlines
• Excellent IT skills with a range of IT packages and systems (incl. Microsoft Office and University of Reading finance and HR systems)
• Ability to provide a high standard of customer service and executive support in a team environment
• Experience of working in a busy office environment within an administrative role, with a variety of stakeholders
• Experience of minute taking/note taking following agreed protocols
• Familiarity of using and maintaining databases and record systems, including online and web-based systems
• Experience of the commercial sector and interaction with business
• Experience of working with modern office management systems such as shared drives and electronic record keeping
• Experience of working on projects
Interview date: 25 March 2020
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Raise requisitions, manage supplier and purchasing queries and goods receipting invoices
- Monitoring of purchasing cards and/or project expenditure
Events, meetings and communications support:
- Support the delivery of IEA events and activities (internal and external) including local and international conferences, workshops, outreach or widening participation events
- Provide support for the administrative arrangements for any IEA events
- To support the CEO in ensuring effective communication within the IEA, including drafting and cascading information internally and externally where appropriate. Collating data or information for presentations, reports, papers and surveys or other exercises as required
- Provide meeting support at school/function management level as required, room bookings, agendas, papers and minutes and tracking actions where appropriate
- Exercising discretion and confidentiality in managing diaries and organising appointments; arranging meetings and functions (both regular and ad hoc) with external stakeholders.
The post holder will also be expected to:
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of University procedures, processes and current initiatives and issues, particularly those relevant to the IEA
Job reference: SRF30453
Location: Whiteknights Reading UK
Hours week: 25 (ideally Mon-Fri)
Closing date: 18/03/2020
Interview date: 25/03/2020
Salary: £25,217 – £28,331 pro rata per annum
To formally apply and for full job description and person specification, please visit the University of Reading jobs page online.